Stylish Coupe-SUV take on the T-Cross looks promising
- Excellent engines shared with T-Cross
- Wide model range promised
- Standard digital cockpit across the range
- Sloping roof means less practicality
- It won't go on sale until 2022
What's a Volkswagen Taigo? It's the result of more platform gaming from the VW Group as its latest small family car bridges the gap between the Polo and T-Cross models with a Coupe-SUV bodystyle. It's a growing indicator of how seriously the German firm is treating the crossover market – with a total of six individual SUVs from the T-Cross to the Touareg.